Expand Menu Close Menu
Telephone: 1800 677 342

Got a complaint about a Victorian funded disability advocacy service?

There are 25 organisations funded by the Victorian Department of Families, Fairness and Housing (DFFH) to help promote the participation of people with a disability, this includes both disability advocacy and self advocacy services. The list of the services is on this page.

You can give your feedback or make a complaint directly to an advocacy service or, if you would rather contact DSC with a complaint you can do that.

When we assess a complaint made to our office, we:

  • work with you to fully understand your complaint and how it can be resolved
  • request information and documentation for evidence-based assessment
  • talk to the service to get their views about your complaint and we may ask them how they might respond to the complaint
  • talk to you about the information we get from the service
  • work closely with you and the service to find ways to resolve the complaint.

More information about our complaints process is on this page.

What about concerns with an advocacy agency funded in some other way?

If you have a complaint about an advocacy service that is not on the list linked above, we suggest you contact the Complaints Resolution and Referral Service (CRRS) as they can take complaints about advocacy services funded by the Department of Social Services (DSS).

Call 1800 880 052 or visit their page Complaints Resolution and Referral Service

If you are looking to find an advocate the Ask Izzy site is helpful.

We also take complaints about disability services registered under the Disability Act.  This page called What we do has more information about our work.


Level 30, 570 Bourke Street,

Melbourne, Victoria, 3000 Australia

Call for enquiries or complaints - 1800 677 342

Email for enquiries or complaints - complaints@odsc.vic.gov.au