Expand Menu Close Menu
Telephone: 1800 677 342

Confused about where to make a complaint?

16th May 2022

Confused about where to make a complaint about a disability service? 

If you have a complaint about a disability service it’s important that you tell someone. You have the right to make a complaint. If you live in Victoria and you’re not sure who to contact, then you can contact the Disability Services Commissioner. We can provide you with advice and information about where you can make your complaint.  

Sometimes, it’s not immediately clear if we can help with your complaint. You don’t need to worry about that because we can work that out for you. People sometimes refer to this as the ‘no wrong door’ way of working.  

It’s OK to complain regardless of who provides your disability service

If you’re receiving a disability service and not an NDIS participant

For Victorians, we encourage you to call us as there are some Department of Families, Fairness and Housing and the Transport Accident Commission (TAC) funded disability services that you can still make complaints to us about.  We refer to these services as being ‘in jurisdiction’.

Most importantly, if you have a concern or a complaint – reach out  

The Disability Services Commissioner is still here for you. Our staff have many years of experience in the disability sector and are available to help you with your complaint.  

Level 30, 570 Bourke Street,

Melbourne, Victoria, 3000 Australia

Call for enquiries or complaints - 1800 677 342

Email for enquiries or complaints - complaints@odsc.vic.gov.au