Expand Menu Close Menu
Telephone: 1800 677 342

Do I contact NDIS or DSC with my complaint?

30th August 2019

Anyone can make a complaint about the provision of a disability service by a regulated Victorian disability service provider. Whether you are a person with a disability, a family member or friend of someone with a disability, a staff member, carer, or a member of the community – you have the right to make a complaint.

Who to report your complaint to will depend on who the complaint is about.


The Disability Services Commissioner (DSC) is continuing our role in handling complaints about Victorian disability services registered with the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) which include:

  • DHHS transfer houses
  • DHHS funded disability services
  • TAC funded disability services
  • services for people with a disability delivered through service systems outside the NDIS
  • all existing clients that have not transitioned to the NDIS.


The NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission (NDIS Commission) began operating in Victoria on 1 July 2019. The NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission is responsible for:

  • registration and quality assurance of NDIS providers
  • the complaints process
  • management and reporting of incidents
  • new practice standards for the NDIS
  • the new NDIS Code of Conduct

We have developed this handy magnet and information sheet determine who to contact.

You can order these from our resource page.


Level 30, 570 Bourke Street,

Melbourne, Victoria, 3000 Australia

Call for enquiries or complaints - 1800 677 342

Email for enquiries or complaints - complaints@odsc.vic.gov.au